The COVID-19 pandemic has forced non-essential business employees to work from home. However, many job duties cannot be fulfilled remotely. Tab Service Company is partnering with companies in the Chicago area to mitigate the obstacles caused by our shelter-in-place orders.
Retrieving, sorting and distributing an organization’s mail are among the tasks that cannot be accomplished from home. That’s why we created a digital mailroom outsourcing service that allows you to continue to perform your important mail-related work, albeit in a different format.
How do outsourced mailroom services work? Your mail is picked up at your building and brought to Tab Service Company. We open envelopes, sort, scan and index all paper documents. The now-digitized documents are delivered to the right recipients electronically. After receiving a link to the digital copy of each mail piece, employees decide whether to retrieve, save, forward or delete the document.
Our digital mailroom automation service includes:
- Picking up office mail on a daily basis
- Opening mail with a high-speed envelope slitter
- Sorting/categorizing documents
- Creating custom digital workflows
- Scanning/digitizing paper documents
- Performing Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Uploading documents and data directly to the client’s network or FTP