Every business needs some type of data entry performed on a regular basis. Not only is data entry time consuming, but it can be challenging to keep dependable long-term employees to perform it on a regular basis. In addition, it can be expensive to maintain full-time employees for such a position. An alternative to performing data entry duties yourself or constantly hiring undependable or expensive employees is to outsource your data entry work.
What is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is when a company contracts with a third-party agency in order to have the agency manage certain tasks. For instance, many businesses outsource their mail so that they no longer have to manage a mail room or worry about sensitive mail getting into the hands of the wrong person.
How Does Outsource Data Entry Work?
The process is simple when it comes to outsourcing your data entry work. First of all, you need to determine what type of data entry work you need to have performed. It can be any or all of the following:
- Forms processing and other offline data entry tasks
- Data entry involving imaging, surveys and invoicing
- The management of documents
- Raw data conversion as well as input
- Back-office accounting such as the completion of MS Excel sheets
- The transcription of handwritten documents
- Product and claims data entry
Once you’ve identified the types of data entry that your business requires, all that you do is choose the third-party expert that you want to work with, and from then on, the agency that you’ve outsourced the work to will handle all duties related to data entry, freeing you and your employees to work on other tasks.
Types of Outsourcing Companies
When it comes to outsourcing your data entry work, you can choose onshore and offshore outsourcing. Onshore outsourcing means that you will deal with companies that are in the same country in which you reside, and offshore outsourcing companies are in other countries. There are pros and cons to both, and you will have to weigh the pros and cons when choosing onshore or offshore, as well as a specific outsourcing company.
Offshore outsourcing agencies usually offer significantly lower prices but communicating with them can be more of a challenge. Onshore outsourcing agencies make it a cinch to communicate with them, but their costs are often significantly higher. However, regardless of how much an onshore agency might cost, it’s still cheaper than hiring a full-time employee.
What are the Main Benefits of Outsourcing Data Entry Work?
There are many benefits to outsourcing date entry work, but here is an overview of three that are the most beneficial.
- Cost savings – every business wants to save money, and that is something that you will definitely do if you opt for outsourcing your data entry work. It will no longer be necessary to hire costly employees to perform the work for you, and you will no longer have to invest in expensive data entry software by outsourcing your data entry.
- Increased productivity – data entry work, regardless of how tedious it might be, is necessary in order to properly run a business. If you don’t have a dependable full-time data entry specialist, then it will be necessary to appoint other staff to perform this work, which takes them away from the jobs they were hired for. By outsourcing your data entry work, it can free these staff up to perform the jobs they specialize in, likely increasing their productivity in the process.
- Improved accuracy – even the most experienced data entry specialist that you hire is bound to make mistakes from time to time, as no one is perfect. If you choose to outsource, your data entry work will be handled by experts who utilize high-tech tools to enable them to perform the work error-free, and in a fraction of the time.
So, if you’re tired of barely getting by when it comes to ensuring your data entry work gets completed, you really should look into outsourcing. There are numerous reputable third-party agencies waiting to assist you with your data entry tasks, like Tab Service Company, who has been performing this and similar tasks for businesses for many years. Instead of stressing and struggling when it comes to data entry tasks, allow a trustworthy professional like Tab Service Company to perform these tasks for you, at a much lower cost than you could ever imagine.