“Rapidly evolving technology such as hosted software applications, mobile computing and social collaboration tools are changing how, when and where accounting professionals can work.” – CCH Group.
A cloud document management system allows professionals to access their work files on demand and also decreased the IT burden of managing the system since this is done by the cloud storage vendor. Many people think simply calculation their ROI from turning to a new document management system is enough due diligence to make the shift. But, what they don’t know is that taking a rounded look at the 5 key user tips and selection criteria can make all the difference.
Document Management System Tips:
- Integration: When comparing multiple products, create an integration matrix with your existing products plotting against the DMS you are evaluating.
- Work Flow: Digital workflows may not always mirror your paper workflows, but they should always provide your team with efficiency gains.
- Security: Configure and utilize role-based security groups to assign preset access rights to files and client data.
- Efficiency: Look for products that solve existing efficiency pain points.
- Scalability: Consider your current and future storage and hardware needs.
These tips are important for business looking to implement a long term document management system. If you fail to take the gravity of the commitment needed across an organization to change to a paperless document management system you are likely to run into some hardships along the way. Avoid these hardships and find a cloud DMS company like Tab Service to help you hit the ground running. We will advise, implement and even handle the paper conversion to upload into a secure cloud document management system for your company.
Tab Service Company is a Chicago based company with over 53 years of experience as a data processing service provider. We provide business with outsourcing solutions for document scanning services, data entry services and mailing/lettershop services. As a SOC2-approved organization, we apply industry-best practices to our approach with clients.